About The Author

My Photo
Alabama, United States
Instructional Partner, National Board Certified Teacher in Literacy, Graduate School Student, Social Media Promoter for VocabularySpellingCity, Promethean ActivInstructor and Social Media Council member, Avid Twitter @WhiteheadsClass, 2nd Vice President for AL NBCT Network Board of Directors, Certified ALEX Trainer

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Alternatives to Round Robin Reading

Round Robin Reading, the method where each student takes turns reading orally, has been proven an ineffective learning strategy.  Students suffer embarrassment and boredom.  Time is wasted.  Students are not following along or listening.  The students do not have an established purpose for reading other than to finish. There has to be a better alternative!

I have devised a list of ten of my favorite reading strategies that take the place of Round Robin Reading.  These are Choral Reading, Whisper Reading, Echo Reading, Everyone Reads, Oral Cloze, Paired Reading, Reciprocal Reading, Jigsaw, Say Something, and Jump In.  For further explanations of each strategy, please visit my Teacher's Notebook or TeachersPayTeachers stores.


~Cara
Pin It

6 comments:

Herbalife said...

Nice Article written on good topic and use good words in the article. Thanks for sharing valuable message

Biotivia Labs said...

I’m really glad I have found this information. I always prefer to read the quality content and thanks for sharing quality information…………..

Boost Testosterona said...

Medicaid billing is billing the patients bill and hospitals bill, a great opportunity. Keep up the excellent work!. Thanks For sharing health related information…….

Functional Food Raw Materials said...

I’m really glad I have found this information. I always prefer to read the quality content and thanks for sharing quality information…………..

Vibration Fitness Machine said...

There are various sites that offer articles on different topic so I am very happy when I read this post. Thanks for sharing valuable information…...

prerna said...

Moviles Android Libre


Great!Thanks for your sharing!I enjoyed reading your articles.