About The Author

My photo
Alabama, United States
Instructional Partner, National Board Certified Teacher in Literacy, Graduate School Student, Social Media Promoter for VocabularySpellingCity, Promethean ActivInstructor and Social Media Council member, Avid Twitterer @WhiteheadsClass, 1st Vice President for ALNBCT Network Board of Directors, Certified ALEX Trainer

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Clean Your Dry Erase Board



My dry erase board was awful! I mean horrible!  There was a mixture of dried on blue, green, and black marker with large smudges and visible words.  Sorry, I didn't make a before shot, but I'm sure you can imagine it.  I searched for a solution, and I found it! Air freshener!


You heard me right, air freshener! I used a 97 cent can of Glade Apple Cinnamon spray.  The trick is to spray small sections at a time.  It needs to be sprayed fairly heavily.  As soon as you spray, wipe with an old towel.  It takes a little elbow grease, but the old marker comes off perfectly.  So, not only do I have a clean board, but my classroom smells good, too!

~Cara Pin It

6 comments:

Jennifer McVeigh said...

Also, there are these really great sponge erasers I think made by scotch brite at walmart! I will have to get a pic and post it. :) That thing works wonders!

Farrah Kilgo said...

Never, ever would have thought to use air freshener! Great tip! I've used Windex before on some pretty bad boards :)

Lisa R. said...

Wow what a great tip! I did not know that!! Thanks for sharing! :)
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Shannon said...

Now that's a double sided bonus!! A clean board AND a good smelling room! Thanks for the tip. :)

Shannon
http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

SC Teacher 28 said...

Wow! I would have never thought to use air freshener to clean the board. Now I will have to try that!

Joni
KinderKids Fun

Kelly said...

I never would have thought of that! My whiteboards sure need it!