About The Author

My photo
Alabama, United States
Instructional Partner, National Board Certified Teacher in Literacy, Graduate School Student, Social Media Promoter for VocabularySpellingCity, Promethean ActivInstructor and Social Media Council member, Avid Twitterer @WhiteheadsClass, 1st Vice President for ALNBCT Network Board of Directors, Certified ALEX Trainer

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thrifty Thursday-Paper

Just call me a paper hoarder! Maybe it is due to the fact that budget cuts were deep when I began teaching and are even deeper now. Maybe it is due to the training from two mentors. Maybe it is the fact that I am just cheap-no THRIFTY!


I have a hard time throwing out a sheet of paper. If it has an unused back, I keep it. We can use it for a word web. If it has an area that is unused, I cut it up into smaller piece for notes, bookmarks, etc. I have my students continuing today's work where they left off yesterday. Sometimes, they end up with a whole week's worth on one page. I will shrink and run worksheets where their are two copies on each side. I've been known to have 4 pages on one. Our school secretary gripes at me constantly for doing this. She refuses to let me have any scrap paper!


I would love to say I do these things to save the environment, but I don't think I honestly can. I have decided it is because I'm cheap!


~Cara

Pin It

2 comments:

MelissaJ said...

I was the same way in the classroom, especially about paper. It was a combination of thriftiness/thinking "Green." I'm still that way, come to think of it.

Matthew said...

I find myself hanging onto sheets of paper with a clean side, because I know I can use it for something. I also catch myself cutting out the unused sections of pieces of paper for notes. I think I caught the habit from my mentor/cooperating teacher...