About The Author

My photo
Alabama, United States
Instructional Partner, National Board Certified Teacher in Literacy, Graduate School Student, Social Media Promoter for VocabularySpellingCity, Promethean ActivInstructor and Social Media Council member, Avid Twitterer @WhiteheadsClass, 1st Vice President for ALNBCT Network Board of Directors, Certified ALEX Trainer

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thursday Thoughts-Networking


Merriam Webster defines networking as "the exchange of information or services among individuals, groups, or institutions; specifically : the cultivation of productive relationships for employment or business." 


Networking with my PLN (personal learning network) is exactly what it says. This group of individuals that I have met through Twitter, Facebook, Edmodo, blogs, and forums are where I learn. Reading Tweets and posts made by fellow educators has been the best form of professional development, aside from National Board Certification, that I have ever been a part.


When have you had a question about a best teaching practice and needed the answer immediately? When have you been searching for a certain website or webtool? When have you wanted to share something your students have done well and have someone brag on them? When have you needed a bit of encouragement? Your PLN can and will offer all of this to you!


I recently had the opportunity to meet with some of my fellow Twitterers as a part of the Promethean Social Media Advisory Council. What an honor to be a part of such an elite group. It is strange to say, but we were already bound together by one simple tool, Twitter. 


I would love for you to follow me on Twitter (@WhiteheadsClass). Comment with your Twitter handle, and I will follow you. You can also find me on Edmodo and my class Facebook page. Let us continue learning together!


~Cara
Pin It

1 comments:

Cooperative Learning and Other Classroom Resources said...

I'm new to Twitter, so I'm not sure you will get my message :)! Your post is inspirational! Social networking is taking us all to a new level. Thanks for sharing!