Denim Column

About The Author

My photo
Alabama, United States
Instructional Partner, National Board Certified Teacher in Literacy, Graduate School Student, Social Media Promoter for VocabularySpellingCity, Promethean ActivInstructor and Social Media Council member, Avid Twitterer @WhiteheadsClass, 1st Vice President for ALNBCT Network Board of Directors, Certified ALEX Trainer

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tech Tuesday-JogNog

I recently was introduced to a site called JogNog. After introducing it to my students, there were nothing but praises being herald. 

"This site is awesome."
"I can't wait to get home, so I can play JogNog some more." 
"This is so fun."




The premise behind JogNog is a competitive learning experience that encourages everyone to have success. Students can compete against themselves or a friend. There are a variety of question towers (sets) to choose. Each question tower is based on the Common Core Standards in math, language arts, science, and social studies. The question sets are in a multiple choice format similar to standardized test questions. Teachers have the ability to create their own question towers. As students answer questions, they build a virtual city. The more questions answered, the bigger the city. 




There is even a JogNog iPhone and iPad app.


I have only recently been exploring JogNog, so I still have a lot to learn about the site. However, I wanted you to know of this great find! Let me know what you think. I have in no way been endorsed to submit this review. I just love this site!


As of mid-March, I have been working with the JogNog team in promoting their fantastic site. Once you find a great site, there is no telling what will happen next!
~Cara
Pin It

2 comments:

Mrs. Shepherd said...

Great site. Just downloaded the app.

Tricia said...

I am a new follower. You are a little closer to 200. I am having a giveaway myself that ends today at 8:00. Come on over.

Tricia
Queen with Class